Design Engineer (FCR/NCR) (Freelance), Hinkley Point, UK
The purpose of the role is to ensure any design changes and deviations during construction are recorded, justified and accepted by the client. The post-holder will be working along an established Design team and other members of the Construction division on a day to day basis and play a key role in the continued achievement in delivering and meeting customer / clients expectations.
The project entails the construction of an energy plant in Hinkley Point, UK.
Start date, immediately
Freelance contract: 3,6, 9 months
- Manage field change requests, non conformities and their timely submission;
- Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way;
- Technically strong and able to assist in solving site issues;
- Communicate effectively with Design Coordinator, Construction Team, Designer, and client to ensure design changes are processed efficiently;
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales;
- Must have design experience in complex reinforced concrete structures for heavy civil works;
- Must have experience with structural calculations, AutoCAD;
- Bachelor of Science civil engineering or equivalent by experience;
- Self-motivated to lead and achieve the highest levels of excellence;
- Minimum 2 year experience.
Cabo Norte is a specialized Executive Search, Recruitment & Selection company for engineers and experienced professionals. We provide services for a select number of clients in the BENELUX region and France being active both on the domestic and international market. This allows us to offer our candidates new professional challenges both in Belgium and abroad (EU, Middle East, Africa, etc.).
We are active in following sectors: engineering, construction, hvac (MEP), industry, maritime & offshore and various other related sectors.