San Carlos, California /
At Cache DNA, we have one ambitious mission: to make data widely accessible and useful by providing the best format for storing biomolecules in the world. We believe that DNA and RNA are the modern bits, so we're bringing together hardware, software, and biochemistry to develop the first wet operating system for storing, accessing, and computing nucleic acids at scale.
You are interested in the intersection of molecular biology, computer science, and chemistry. And you are eager to help us leverage tools from these areas to create the future of computing. While expertise in bioinformatics is a plus, experience with genomics and next-generation short-read sequencing is more important. As one of the early scientists of Cache, you’ll have a direct and lasting impact on what we’re building while also learning emerging technologies in the biotechnology space.
You will work directly with our Principal Investigator and guide experiments with external collaborators. Together, we will build and validate new processes that will enable the future of biological computing.
- Designing and carrying out experiments according to specification
- Helping develop and document protocols for processing samples for next-generation sequencing
- Operating and maintaining equipment, including automated liquid handlers
- Assisting in ordering necessary supplies and equipment, and processing invoices/quotes from vendors
- Analyzing data and communicating scientific results
- Putting together brief data presentations on experimental findings and procedures
- BA/BS Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of laboratory experience
This might be a good fit for you if you...
- Are passionate about learning and trying new technologies at the intersection of biology, chemistry, and computer science
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a sharp focus on getting things done, troubleshoot challenges in startups as they arise, and can thrive on uncertainty in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
Cache DNA is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Compensation is commensurate with experience.