Portland, OR /
Market research /
Cadeo works at the intersection of policy, markets, and technology. We support utilities, public agencies, and private industry in their efforts to advance energy efficiency and clean energy resources for a cleaner, more sustainable future. To this end, we characterize markets, analyze distribution channels, assess emerging technologies, and analyze policy impacts. Through these services, we provide our clients with actionable recommendations and the ongoing guidance to implement them. Our approach is simple. We listen first, ask next, and answer last.
Each of us at Cadeo helps shape the culture we want to share. Our work is our craft—something we want to get better at every day. So we take it seriously. To us, that doesn’t mean formality; it means a commitment to continual development, both individually and collectively; it means having the desire to know what works better and the humility to recognize something probably does.
As we continue to grow, our culture will no doubt evolve, but the following core principles will not:
We start with the premise that we don’t know. That way, we listen better.
We value candor, curiosity, and clarity.
We seek feedback. Really.
We share knowledge. Relentlessly.
We guard against the creep of bureaucracy.
And, oh yeah, if you want a standing desk, we don’t ask for a doctor’s note.
Put your research experience to work for sustainability! Cadeo is a growing research consulting firm that works with utilities, nonprofits, government organizations, and others seeking to increase the energy efficiency and sustainability of communities throughout the US and Canada. We are looking for a Research Associate to work on a variety of market research and evaluation projects. We are looking for someone with experience in data collection and analysis, survey design, survey analysis, and reporting. This position will require you to think creatively and analytically to execute high quality research projects on time and on budget. The ideal candidate has training or experience in research design, survey design, and survey analysis. Our projects are typically mixed mode, involving both qualitative and quantitative elements such as in-depth interviewing, secondary research, and survey design and analysis. Projects may also include focus groups, observational research, mystery shopping, and advanced survey design. We expect applicants will have a mix of experience and education and may have focused more on one or another research method type. This position will work with Cadeo team members to define and prioritize research objectives, develop research plans, work collaboratively with our clients and the Cadeo team to finalize and execute research plans, and prepare draft deliverables.
This is a full-time position. Cadeo has offices in Portland, Oregon; Seattle, Washington; and Washington, D.C.
This is the perfect position for those interested in using their research training and experience to support energy efficiency and sustainability programs. This position has opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Given the variety of our work, we’re open to a range experience levels under this position. We are seeking candidates with a mix of skills and experience that includes:
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience (a mix of education and experience is acceptable, but a minimum of 2 years work experience is required)
- Experience with social science research techniques and skills, including sampling design and analytic aptitude (including ability to identify patterns in data)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in business writing
- Experience with Microsoft Office, statistical/analytical applications (R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, NVIVO, Dedoose or other applications that support robust analysis of survey and qualitative data).
- Familiarity with inferential statistics or advanced qualitative analysis approaches
- Fluency in MS Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Managing research tasks according to a specified scope of work, timeline, and budget
- Analyzing data to identify trends, impacts, or conclusions that yield actionable insight
- Developing data collection instruments and protocols.
- Conducting in-depth interviews and recruiting research participants from commercial and residential populations.
- Preparing reports, both written and verbal, that communicate the findings of our work to clients and the broader energy efficiency community
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please DO NOT contact our consultants or team members directly regarding the position.
If there are multiple locations associated with a title, please apply for your preferred location and indicate your interest or willingness in any other locations in your cover letter.