Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer (SEA)
Cadeo works at the intersection of policy, markets, and technology. We support utilities, public agencies, and private industry in their efforts to advance energy efficiency and create a cleaner, more sustainable future. To this end, we characterize markets, analyze distribution channels, assess emerging technologies, and analyze policy impacts. Through these services, we provide our clients with actionable recommendations and the ongoing guidance to implement them. Our approach is simple. We listen first, ask next, and answer last.
Each of us at Cadeo helps shape the culture we want to share. Our work is our craft—something we want to get better at every day. So we take it seriously. To us, that doesn’t mean formality; it means a commitment to continual development, both individually and collectively; it means having the desire to know what works better and the humility to recognize something probably does.
As we continue to grow, our culture will no doubt evolve, but the following core principles will not:
We start with the premise that we don’t know. That way, we listen better.
We value candor, curiosity, and clarity.
We seek feedback. Really.
We share knowledge. Relentlessly.
We guard against the creep of bureaucracy.
And, oh yeah, if you want a standing desk, we don’t ask for a doctor’s note.
Cadeo is seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to support energy efficiency research projects with utilities and government agencies. This is a full-time position perfect for experienced consultants who have a solid track record of successfully completing consulting projects on time and on budget. As well as having strong technical experience, the ideal candidate will have an established track record in the energy-efficiency industry and exceeding client expectations.
We are looking for someone with experience in the energy efficiency consulting industry and who possesses exceptional analytical skills and a strong willingness to learn. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who performs at a high level (independently and as part of a team), has experience conducting research, collecting data in a laboratory/field environment, analyzing large sets of data, and has at least 7 years of experience in a related field (building science, scientific research, engineering, data analysis). The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, capable of distilling research findings into key takeaways and implied next steps.
- At least 7 years of experience in energy efficiency consulting, with at least 2 years of experience managing projects and client delivery.
- Demonstrable experience with analytical problem solving (summary and synthesis of data) and documenting findings in memos, reports, and/or presentations.
- Fluency in MS Office applications, particularly Word.
- Excellent understanding of energy and building systems, including HVAC, hot water, and building envelope components. Experience in HVAC specification and/or design preferred. Familiarity with the theoretical and real-world applications of thermodynamics.
- Strong mathematics and engineering background; mechanical engineering desired; chemical engineering, civil engineering, physics, statistics, applied math or other engineering disciplines also acceptable.
- Expert use of Microsoft Excel and/or more advanced data analysis tools, e.g., R, MATLAB, Python, SQL.
- Experience with quantitative analysis of data and/or experimental design, including statistics and data quality management approaches.
- Experience with large-scale data analysis and modeling.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Developing and implementing research strategies to meet client needs
- Leading analysis tasks including day-to-day management of projects
- Collecting and analyzing data, particularly field data
- Synthesizing findings and results
- Overseeing report and quantitative model development
- Presenting research findings in written reports and slide presentations using compelling narratives and graphics (please visit our website for examples)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please DO NOT contact our consultants or team members directly regarding the position.
If there are multiple locations associated with a title, please apply for your preferred location and indicate your interest or willingness in any other locations in your cover letter.