Microsoft Systems Administrator
Cadeo works at the intersection of policy, markets, and technology. We support utilities, public agencies, and private industry in their efforts to advance energy efficiency and create a cleaner, more sustainable future. To this end, we characterize markets, analyze distribution channels, assess emerging technologies, and analyze policy impacts. Through these services, we provide our clients with actionable recommendations and the ongoing guidance to implement them. Our approach is simple. We listen first, ask next, and answer last.
Each of us at Cadeo helps shape the culture we want to share. Our work is our craft—something we want to get better at every day. So we take it seriously. To us, that doesn’t mean formality; it means a commitment to continual development, both individually and collectively; it means having the desire to know what works better and the humility to recognize something probably does.
As we continue to grow, our culture will no doubt evolve, but the following core principles will not:
We start with the premise that we don’t know. That way, we listen better.
We value candor, curiosity, and clarity.
We seek feedback. Really.
We share knowledge. Relentlessly.
We guard against the creep of bureaucracy.
And, oh yeah, if you want a standing desk, we don’t ask for a doctor’s note.
Your Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Three to five years relevant professional experience
- Three years Microsoft Active Directory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success diagnosing technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Administer Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Provide and manage general IT support for our three offices (Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Washington, DC) and one remote team member
- Identify, communicate, and resolve systems issues.
- Document internal IT procedures
- Manage and coordinate with our managed service provider. Periodically, manage or contribute to MSP requisition process.
- Provide IT and end user training where required.
- Proactively monitor and report system performance; troubleshoot any problems.
- Manage or administer Microsoft Azure Cloud services including virtual server deployment and database creation
- Manage software licenses and vendor relationships.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please DO NOT contact our consultants or team members directly regarding the position.
If there are multiple locations associated with a title, please apply for your preferred location and indicate your interest or willingness in any other locations in your cover letter.