Portland, OR /
Cadeo works at the intersection of policy, markets, and technology. We support utilities, public agencies, and private industry in their efforts to advance energy efficiency and clean energy resources for a cleaner, more sustainable future. To this end, we characterize markets, analyze distribution channels, assess emerging technologies, and analyze policy impacts. Through these services, we provide our clients with actionable recommendations and the ongoing guidance to implement them. Our approach is simple. We listen first, ask next, and answer last.
Each of us at Cadeo helps shape the culture we want to share. Our work is our craft—something we want to get better at every day. So we take it seriously. To us, that doesn’t mean formality; it means a commitment to continual development, both individually and collectively; it means having the desire to know what works better and the humility to recognize something probably does.
As we continue to grow, our culture will no doubt evolve, but the following core principles will not:
We start with the premise that we don’t know. That way, we listen better.
We value candor, curiosity, and clarity.
We seek feedback. Really.
We share knowledge. Relentlessly.
We guard against the creep of bureaucracy.
And, oh yeah, if you want a standing desk, we don’t ask for a doctor’s note.
Cadeo is seeking a consultant to support energy efficiency research projects with utilities and government agencies. We are looking for an analytical individual that balances strong technical and communication skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, comfortable engaging subject matter experts to ask the right questions, and skilled at compiling information into logical, understandable, high-quality mathematical models.
Common tasks include collecting/analyzing data from companies that manufacture or sell energy efficient products, analyzing market and energy-efficiency program data, reviewing data submissions, summarizing survey results, and communicating the findings internally and externally.
Regardless of the task, this role will support senior staff in producing high-quality, accurate deliverables that communicate actionable research findings with compelling narratives and graphics by executing research activities and writing up results.
This is a full-time position located in Cadeo’s Portland, Seattle, or Washington, DC office; perfect for those continuing their careers or getting started in the energy efficiency or consulting industry. The ideal candidate tackles challenging research projects with optimism, is curious about how markets adopt energy-efficient technologies, and is able to apply a structured approach to complex problems where solutions are often not well-defined.
- At least 2 years of experience in the energy sector or consulting (preferably both)
- Ability to balance analytical and technical skills to provide solutions to business problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Fluency in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in applied economics, statistics, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of programming experience. Relevant platforms and languages include SQL, Python, and R
- Develop and implement research and/or analysis strategies to meet client needs, as directed by project managers
- Contribute to high-quality deliverables for clients by communicating quantitative findings as part of a compelling narrative
- Explain complex analyses to project stakeholders (technical and non-technical) using simple, concise language
- Use Excel, SQL, Python, and R to: Collect and analyze data, Perform data management tasks, Develop econometric models that quantify energy consumption, energy savings, and/or customer behaviors
- Escalate project issues appropriately to senior staff
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please DO NOT contact our consultants or team members directly regarding the position.
If there are multiple locations associated with a title, please apply for your preferred location and indicate your interest or willingness in any other locations in your cover letter.