Seattle, WA /
General Consulting /
Cadeo works at the intersection of policy, markets, and technology. We support utilities, public agencies, and private industry in their efforts to advance energy efficiency and clean energy resources for a cleaner, more sustainable future. To this end, we characterize markets, analyze distribution channels, assess emerging technologies, and analyze policy impacts. Through these services, we provide our clients with actionable recommendations and the ongoing guidance to implement them. Our approach is simple. We listen first, ask next, and answer last.
Each of us at Cadeo helps shape the culture we want to share. Our work is our craft—something we want to get better at every day. So we take it seriously. To us, that doesn’t mean formality; it means a commitment to continual development, both individually and collectively; it means having the desire to know what works better and the humility to recognize something probably does.
As we continue to grow, our culture will no doubt evolve, but the following core principles will not:
We start with the premise that we don’t know. That way, we listen better.
We value candor, curiosity, and clarity.
We seek feedback. Really.
We share knowledge. Relentlessly.
We guard against the creep of bureaucracy.
And, oh yeah, if you want a standing desk, we don’t ask for a doctor’s note.
Cadeo is seeking a Program Manager for efforts supporting energy efficient technologies in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. This position will support two or more programs, depending on program needs and candidate skills and experience. The ideal candidate will have experience crafting detailed program plans, managing ongoing program operations, and developing program strategy. This individual will work alongside Cadeo directors to oversee the steady progress of the programs, including managing subcontractors, monthly reporting, operational management, and budget management. This position will be responsible for general project management including regular and accurate reporting of task and budget progress, as well as budget and staffing forecasts.
The top three characteristics we seek in a Program Manager are adaptive management skills, attention to detail, and impeccable communication:
* Our program efforts seek to gain new insights into technologies and markets, and must incorporate a constant stream of new information. Furthermore, we must adjust to real-world conditions, and adapt to unplanned challenges and opportunities. Therefore, the successful candidate will thrive in an inquisitive, dynamic environment and must be able to manage a variety of people and tasks with shifting priorities.
* We value clarity and quality in all our program support activities, and we believe intense attention to detail is critical. Our ideal candidate is analytical, growth-minded, and has an eagle eye for detail and quality.
* Good communication is at the core of our programs. We cannot deliver high-quality and adaptive program efforts without good communication. Therefore, the Program Manager will be comfortable engaging with all team members and stakeholders to ask the right questions and will be skilled at tracking and compiling information efficiently and logically.
Our priority for this position is to find a spectacular program manager, whatever their technical area of expertise. However, we prefer candidates with experience working with commercial lighting and/or mechanical systems. Experience with managing or implementing energy efficiency programs, midstream programs in particular, is also strongly preferred but not required.
This is a full-time position located in our Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington office.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a program or project management role
- Experience managing teams engaged in long-term projects
- Knowledge of program and project management practices and procedures
- Experience delivering highly detailed content and communications
- Experience working cross-functionally, externally, and with senior management
- Experience with team building and subcontractor management
- Experience working in energy efficiency or consulting strongly preferred
- Experience working with managing or implementing midstream incentives preferred
- Experience working with utilities or government agencies preferred
- Experience working with distributors and/or manufacturers a plus
- Program Management:
- Support Cadeo directors and clients in developing program strategy and program plans
- Prepare and adjust budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Work with team members to identify priorities and adapt as needed to meet project goals
- Facilitate direct and clear communication within program team and with external stakeholders through various modes of contact (email, phone, meetings, formal reports, etc.)
- Effectively delegate responsibilities among internal team and subcontractors
- Be creative, inquisitive, thorough, and unafraid to pick up the phone
- Be vigilant about documentation and note taking
- Monitor, track, and report on the status of project deliverables to ensure time, cost, and quality metrics are commensurate with program plans
- Deliver detailed, high quality monthly reports outlining budget status and specific task progress to clients
- Deliver financial reports, with support from the Cadeo Finance Department, to support monthly invoicing process
- Take ownership to continue to diversify and improve reporting metrics and systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please DO NOT contact our consultants or team members directly regarding the position.
If there are multiple locations associated with a title, please apply for your preferred location and indicate your interest or willingness in any other locations in your cover letter.