Executive Assistant and Culture Champion
Cadeo works at the intersection of policy, markets, and technology. We support utilities, public agencies, and private industry in their efforts to advance energy efficiency and create a cleaner, more sustainable future. To this end, we characterize markets, analyze distribution channels, assess emerging technologies, and analyze policy impacts. Through these services, we provide our clients with actionable recommendations and the ongoing guidance to implement them. Our approach is simple. We listen first, ask next, and answer last.
Each of us at Cadeo helps shape the culture we want to share. Our work is our craft—something we want to get better at every day. So we take it seriously. To us, that doesn’t mean formality; it means a commitment to continual development, both individually and collectively; it means having the desire to know what works better and the humility to recognize something probably does.
As we continue to grow, our culture will no doubt evolve, but the following core principles will not:
We start with the premise that we don’t know. That way, we listen better.
We value candor, curiosity, and clarity.
We seek feedback. Really.
We share knowledge. Relentlessly.
We guard against the creep of bureaucracy.
And, oh yeah, if you want a standing desk, we don’t ask for a doctor’s note.
Put your communications and people skills to work for sustainability! Cadeo is a growing research consulting firm that works with utilities, nonprofits, government organizations, and others seeking to increase the energy efficiency and sustainability of communities throughout the US and Canada. We are looking for a skilled communicator and project manager to support communications and strengthen our culture as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate loves checking off a to-do list, thrives when working with a team to accomplish a greater goal, has a keen eye for quality, pays close attention to detail, and shares information thoughtfully with colleagues.
This is a full-time position located in our Portland, OR office. The candidate who fills this position will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
Your Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to find consensus and solutions to challenges; ability to anticipate potential roadblocks and other issues before they arise and incorporate that into planning and engagement
- Experience managing and engaging internal stakeholders
- Experience developing internal and/or external communication strategies
- Professional demeanor, highly organized, can-do attitude, and tech savvy
- Aptitude and strong history of project management success
- Proficiency with web-based and video conferencing systems such as WebEx and Zoom
- Manage and shape our internal knowledge sharing by taking ownership over existing knowledge sharing processes, including coordinating and facilitating knowledge sharing sessions and documenting and highlighting available resources; developing an organizational system for keeping resources easily accessible and identifiable for the internal team; innovating and suggesting new ways for us to get better at sharing knowledge internally; and communicating about internal achievements and activities to build awareness of our team’s strengths and experience.
- Manage the hiring process by collecting job posting requirements from team members to craft a position; organizing interview questions to streamline the interview process; following up with team members to ensure applications are reviewed and handled in a timely manner; conducting phone screen interviews, as needed; scheduling interviews (in person or web conference); and scanning for and implementing process improvements for a better hiring experience that ties to Cadeo principles.
- Manage employee onboarding in coordination with hiring manager and project assistant, this includes transitioning hired applicant to our human resource information system (we use BambooHR), ensuring onboarding tasks are completed by team members; assisting new employees with benefits enrollment; and orienting new employees to Cadeo culture.
- Handle general benefits administration including benefits enrollment, routing team member questions to the appropriate resource, occasionally investigating questions in coordination with the Finance Manager.
- Manage and craft internal communications including updates and requests related to staffing, events, internal processes, benefits and HR, and office management.
- Develop plans and implement change management practices to guide the team through technology and policy changes.
- Work with a team to create, document, and communicate new processes and procedures as needed while guarding against the creep of bureaucracy to make sure we empower our team.
- Exemplify Cadeo principles in day-to-day activities and reinforce those principles through internal communications and activities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Please DO NOT contact our consultants or team members directly regarding the position.
If there are multiple locations associated with a title, please apply for your preferred location and indicate your interest or willingness in any other locations in your cover letter.