Product Quality (QA) Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
As a Product Quality Engineer, you are the first line of defense in our mission to deliver consistent, premium quality at affordable prices. Bugs mar the user experience and lead to costly delays, refunds, and negative reviews.
Ensure Cafe X’s success by partnering with the engineering teams to develop scalable infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. Use your knowledge to promote proper engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts for our robotic coffeebar to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Lead strategy for and implementation of improved test coverage, release velocity, and production health.
- Automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure by developing test suites, frameworks, and tools to validate features and increase velocity.
- Collaborate with senior engineers through the entire product development lifecycle to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in QA, testing, debugging, and test automation
- 3 years of programming experience with Java
- Experience working with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Node.js, Go
- Experience testing event driven software
- Basic knowledge on network protocols, including TCP/IP, Socket, WebSocket, Binary Protocol
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in testing
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging for software and hardware
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration vs continuous delivery
- Experience with site reliability engineering and devops
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.