Lead Product Designer
San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
We’re looking for a lead product designer to define and evolve our web and mobile products. At Cafe X, you will drive our brand recognition by designing intuitive, beautiful products that spur viral adoption and improve user retention.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to your resume to be considered for the role.
- Lead our efforts in designing an effortless UX and iconic UI across our software products
- Work closely with executive team and engineering leads to translate business objectives into pixel-perfect product designs
- Follow design best practices, including user research, ideation, prototyping, testing, iteration, and production of high-fidelity wireframes
- Create a design system for each product that allows for consistency of elements and strict adherence by software engineers
- Contribute wherever needed
- At least 4 years of experience in UX and/or UI, especially for mobile products
- Shipped highly-visible product with material revenue impact
- Mastery of Sketch or similar product design tools
- Familiarity with iOS and Android design themes and guidelines
- Strong attention to detail: Every pixel should be intentional
- Strong communication skills: You’d have no problem interfacing with customers and Coffee Bar Specialists to perform effective user research or collaborating with other engineers and designers
- A portfolio demonstrating your work
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.