San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
As Controller, you will be our first full-time accounting and finance hire and will lay the foundations for the fiscal health of the company. Ensure Cafe X’s success by demonstrating extensive working knowledge of accounting, finance, tax matters, and GAAP compliance. Candidate must have excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
You will help fulfill our mission to deliver consistent, premium quality at affordable prices.
This position reports to the COO.
- Perform all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, payroll, revenue recognition, taxes (in conjunction with CPA firm), and treasury services
- Manage and streamline month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with standard GAAP accounting
- Publish timely and accurate monthly financial statements
- Serve treasury function, tracking monthly bank reconciliation and ensuring proper controls for cash on hand
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and consultants and own the successful completion of the year-end audit
- Develop and implement additional compliance, accounting, supply chain, purchasing, and reporting infrastructure as needed.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a world-class finance organization to appropriately staff these needs.
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in accounting and finance
- Experience with either hardware manufacturing or food and beverage industries
- Organizational communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Superior analytical skills, work ethic, and strategic perspective
- Experience with international accounting
- Experience with both hardware manufacturing and food and beverage industries
- Experience with startups and creating processes independently
- Experience selecting and implementing an ERP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.