Manufacturing Supply Chain Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
We're manufacturing in-house lots of robotic cafés in the Bay Area and need our first Supply Chain Manager to lead sourcing, purchasing, logistics and overall supplier management.
- Lead sourcing and purchasing initiatives for product manufacturing hardware, equipment, components and complete sub-assemblies
- Manage supplier network and act as the key point of contact for Cafe X
- Set criteria and audit supplier performance
- Scrutinize component selection, lead times and cost competitiveness from suppliers
- Develop and deploy a supply chain process for the company's long-term growth
- Implement lean six sigma practices
- At least 5 years extremely hands-on experience in supply chain/purchasing at an aerospace or industrial machinery company
- Experience with products that achieve certifications such as NSF/ETL/UL
- Experience in contract negotiations for purchasing and service agreements
- Great communication skills and the ability to influence internal and external parties
- Advanced skills in tracking and modeling using Excel
- Ability to meet business goals, identity problems and implement improvements
- Entrepreneurial-minded problem solver
- Highly organized
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.