Coffee Bar Specialist (FT and PT)
San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
When you’re hired on at Cafe X, we train you on all operations of the coffee bar, coffee brewing methods, and service. This job is for people who enjoy completing standard operational tasks on a daily basis. We like to keep records to track quality, time and efficiency. We need someone that is goal-oriented and has a passion for improving, learning, and communicating.
Other job responsibilities will include engaging with the public about Cafe X, maintaining our facilities and robots, field marketing, educating our customers about our partner roasters, and acting as a “coffee sommelier” while leading customers through a comprehensive tasting of the available roasts.
With Cafe X, you will be on the forefront of a groundbreaking industry with room for growth within the company. Thorough training in basic troubleshooting of the robotic coffee bar will be provided, along with the required knowledge about our partner roasters and coffee. People who have been baristas, waiters, servers, hosts, and bussers are encouraged to apply. Opportunities are available for both part-time and full-time.
Why become a Product Specialist?
- Be on the ground developing the next wave of the coffee service industry.
- Be part of an innovative company that embraces technology in food service.
- Interact and educate the public about coffee and food automation.
- Become an expert in robotic coffee bars and gain marketing experience.
- Help build a pipeline of coffee bar specialists, who serve as the face for our coffee bars and help create a positive coffee community vibe.
- Ability to complete standard operating procedures in an orderly and intentional manner: shifts include daily tasks that must be completed to operate the robot optimally, which may require the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Proven track record of providing friendly customer service. 1 year customer service experience is preferred.
- Ability to be self-directed and able to take initiative in identifying opportunities and executing solutions.
- Willing to learn and foster a positive environment.
- Lover of coffee is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to representing our brand in a professional manner.
- Ambition to grow into an operations leader is preferred.
Some of our benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for all full time employees starting on their first day of work
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
College students welcome to apply! Click this link to add your schedule of availability.
Candidates who are available at 5:30 am will be given priority.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.