San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT CAFE X
We augment human productivity and happiness through automation.
For many people, coffee is a daily ritual that sets the tone for the rest of their day. Cafe X offers consistent, premium quality at affordable prices by designing, manufacturing, and operating robotic coffee bars that serve specialty coffee precisely brewed to the roaster’s specifications.
By automating the mechanical aspects of making coffee, our robots enable our Coffee Bar Specialists to focus on delivering a superior customer experience, setting the standard for human-robot collaboration in hospitality, one cup of coffee at a time.
Backed by Craft Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Social Capital, Felicis Ventures, and The LAUNCH Fund, Cafe X is rapidly growing the founding team to launch more locations, scale manufacturing, and develop next-generation products.
Currently, we operate three San Francisco locations: The Metreon, 578 Market Street and One Bush Plaza. We support our communities by partnering with local roasters such as Equator, Ritual and Intelligentsia, highlighting the Bay Area’s best coffee beans.
We’re looking for diverse, pragmatic, and talented individuals who take initiative, remain humble, and aren’t afraid to get their hands (literally) dirty.
Automation with a human touch. Join us.
As a Manufacturing Technician at Cafe X, you will work on building our next generation Robotic Café system and accessory products at our Bay Area manufacturing facility.
Our Robotic Café system involves a multitude of engineering disciplines including industrial automation, commercial appliances, machinery and more. You will work with our team on procurement, quality assurance, inventory control and be responsible for building Robotic Cafés for deployment.
- Assembly of components into Robotic Cafés including coffee/food making equipment, industrial robot arm, custom electronics, sensors, motors, pneumatic systems, exterior cladding, doors, frame assembly, etc.
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of machines out in the field.
- 2+ years experience working on the assembly of large complex products such as industrial machinery, commercial equipment, automotive or aerospace
- 2+ years experience working on the maintenance of robotics
- Knowledge of PLCs and robotic troubleshooting
- Able to work with basic fabrication tools, such as drop saws and drills.
- Able to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of fluid transfer and drainage
- Able to troubleshoot electrical low and high voltage
- Able to do facilities maintenance as required
- Willing to put in the extra effort to be part of a growing startup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.