Talent Sourcing Specialist
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
What you’ll do
- Identify thousands of potential book authors, many of whom have dreamed of being the author of a book but never had an opportunity to do so;
- Build strong working relationships with Callisto Media’s Editors to know their current and future needs to create strong author candidate pipelines;
- Creatively expand sourcing strategies;
- Craft Boolean search strings to mine passive candidates with;
- Be the first point of contact for candidates, thus setting the tone for their experience working with us;
- Work with the rest of our recruiting team to build a platform that consistently draws top author talent.
You’ll make an impact because...
- You have at least one year of high-volume sourcing experience across technical and non-technical roles using LinkedIn RPS and professional networking sites, advanced Boolean search techniques, and social media;
- You listen actively and insightfully so you understand what drives people;
- You establish rapport with potential employees and partners;
- You have superb time-management skills that allow you to prioritize quickly and to get the most out of every single day;
- You establish trust quickly and communicate clearly in-person, over the phone, and via email;
- You exhibit effective time and resource management and keep your business partners up to speed on a regular basis;
- You’re passionate about delivering a phenomenal candidate experience and building a great company culture.
- Great attitude, self-starter, and high level of autonomy;
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in sourcing and assessing technical talent;
- BS/BA or equivalent in business, communications, or a related field;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with in-house, corporate, recruiting;
- Familiarity with high volume and fast paced environments;
- Proven relationship management experience with hiring teams and business partners, helping them navigate the sources of talent and assisting them with assessment;
- The ability to lead projects to successful conclusion – balancing efficiency with quality;
- A genuine interest in technology as shown by continuous learning throughout your career.
We have a proven track record of expertly blending art with data science to publish timely books that readers want to consumer. We help writers become authors. We advance self published authors become more successful to enhance their reputation and enrich their careers.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.