Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
This important contributor role on the Global Sourcing and Operations team gives you a fantastic opportunity to help scale our business through strengthening and growing our rapidly growing sourcing network. You will be working to ensure our team is equipped with the best tools, processes, and communications they need to work with our partners, customers and internal stakeholders to make our team successful.
As Operations Analyst, you will be responsible managing the data and analytical needs of the operations team, as it relates to warehouse operations, demand forecasting and long-term operational analytical strategy. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Operations, the ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day reporting and analytical needs of the operations team, focusing on inventory management, demand forecasting and on-going margin analysis. In addition, this role will partner with sales team analyst to ensure reporting between sales and operations is comprehensive but not redundant.
Support the Global Sourcing/Operations team through regular reporting and analytics functions, as well as general team support, including the following areas of focus:
+ Fulfillment & Distribution Analysis
- Enhance existing forecast with deeper analytical/statistical functionality to warehouse demand forecast by ISBN, by month
- Work closely with Sr. Dir, Operations to build more intelligent printer forecasts based on warehouse demand forecasts, accounting for manufacturing method and other operational considerations
- Maintain and improve data models for operational sales forecasting and comparing forecast against actuals
+ Inventory Management Controls
- Build and maintain customer-owned inventory models for use by Operations and sales teams, focusing on rate of movement trends for forecasting purposes
- Identify smarter ways to analyze
+ Print Margin Analysis
- Build tools that allow monthly reconciliation of invoices against contractual pricing and estimates, analyzing margin growth opportunities and tracking operational margin improvements
- Work closely with Sr. Dir, Operations to assess new print partner opportunities through RFQ analysis modeling
+ General Team Support
- Support the Operations Team through ongoing ad-hoc modeling and reporting requests
- Support the Operations Team by cross-training on daily tasks outside of the analyst role
+ Other Job Responsibilities
- Support continual improvement of quality manufacturing and service
- Support sales team and operations in general day-to-day management, as necessary
- Completing other projects as assigned and on deadline
Performance Measures (how your success will be measured):
- Successful on-time project completions as assigned
- Ability to find applicable information and insights in the data unprompted
- Maintenance and applicability of forecast models to support print buying and inventory management decisions
- Ability to build clear data models and tools for use by others
- Performance in line with our monthly, quarterly goals and core values
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Utilize, build and enhance processes, metrics and reporting tools that benefit internal stakeholders, external partners and ensure project goals are met or exceeded
- Driven to collect and process data, to understand and track operational KPI’s and opportunities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, self-driven, ambitious and flexible
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with both team members and management team
- Advanced skill level for Microsoft Excel required
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex models based on verbal and written direction
- Personable, outgoing team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starter, ambitious and flexible
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and implementing best practices
- Demonstrate understanding of the components driving print quality and distribution efficiency
- Basic to Intermediate skill level for Microsoft Office required
- Basic to Intermediate skill level in Adobe Creative Suite products required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field of study3-5 years operational analyst experience
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.