Director of Author Talent Acquisition
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
This key position will manage the day-to-day operations and ongoing expansion of our author sourcing and recruitment team. Your team is responsible for running a recruitment process to acquire hundreds of authors and social influencers per year across a wide variety of subject areas. You will be managing and building out both our outbound and inbound author acquisition channels in a high growth environment.
What You'll Do
- Own and oversee the full cycle of our author recruitment process from sourcing to close.
- Define and track against data-driven metrics and goals.
- Manage and mentor a team of 5+ people.
- Grow the team, including hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Create and execute innovative sourcing strategies.
Does This Describe You?
- Highly process driven.
- Excellent at problem solving.
- Numbers driven and analytical.
- High emotional intelligence; ability to break down and understand the motivations of others.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Skilled at objection handling.
- Comfortable in a high growth environment.
- Have managed a high performing recruiting / talent acquisition and/or sales team of at least 6 people for 5+ years.
- Experience designing, deploying, assessing, and optimizing a high-volume sales and/or recruiting process.
We have a proven track record of expertly blending art with data science to publish timely books that readers want to consumer. We help writers become authors. We advance self published authors become more successful to enhance their reputation and enrich their careers.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.