Strategy and Business Consultant - Office of the CEO
Office of the CEO
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
The role will support several projects for the CEO; including but not limited to investigating new business and corporate development opportunities. The qualified individual should be a smart solo operator who would combine desk research, phone research, and potential field work to address critical opportunities for our industry. The qualified candidate will be able to provide strategic recommendations and plans for pursuing these opportunities and supporting their conversation into organizational initiatives; able to put strategy into operations. The individual should proactively identify roadblocks and risks to projects.
Overview of Activities
- Work to identify new business opportunity, analyzing market landscape/sizing/ modeling/ risks and benefits and providing thoughtful recommendations on strategy, plan and execution.
- Analyze key drivers in current on-going programs.
- Prepare cost/benefit analysis and recommendations.
- Examine current programs and analyzing insourced model vs current model vs a more radical outsourced model and weighing costs and benefits with recommendations.
- Analyze potential M&A opportunities
- Work closely with functional leaders to develop and execute strategic product, and business initiatives
- Develop reports that summarize information and insights to support thought leadership
- Support development of partnerships, and, PM related tasks
- Incubate new business ideas
- New service planning and launch
- Identifying problems and finding solutions with current business programs
- MBA Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of business and strategy consulting experience in leading consulting firms
- Experience with business modeling, market research, sizing, analysis, M&A
- Ability and experience to work on multiple projects
- Responsive and reliable to unpredictable deliverables requiring a same-day turnaround
- Proficient at PowerPoint and visualization at the senior executive communication level
- Cross-functional experience (in foreign countries as a bonus)
- Business project planning (management consulting/investment banking a bonus)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.