Senior Analyst, Marketing Effectiveness
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives. Backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists, Callisto Media is the biggest thing to happen to the $50B+ US book publishing industry in over a century.
We've already had several years of 100%+ annual growth and aren’t stopping anytime soon. Want to get on the rocket ship?
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
The Senior Analyst, Marketing Effectiveness will be a central contributor to the Marketing & E-commerce Team’s innovation and growth, impacting our daily decisions and our ability to drive the company’s hyper-growth objectives. Whether it’s understanding partner and consumer satisfaction or optimizing our ad reach and conversion, this person will have an outsized impact on our team and company’s success.
• Run deep-dive analysis & answer ad-hoc business questions to drive marketing strategies, create insight, or troubleshoot performance issues.
• Run post analysis to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs / initiatives and tests.
• Key team leader in fostering an agile, test & learn culture on the team. They will design testing frameworks and perform strategic analyses to assess the impact of new tests, including reports to leadership on those outcomes.
• Collect, synthesize and analyze data from multiple sources, creating insights and strategic recommendations that will drive business results for team stakeholders.
• Create and maintain dashboards to help visualize the data and metrics. Develop category- and segment-specific KPIs, forecasts, and goals.
• Owner of quality, consistency and manipulability of the marketing and e-commerce data, partnering cross-functionally with our central Business Intelligence and R&D teams. You will become the team expert on our marketing analytics and BI tools.
• 5-8 years of experience in a variety of strategic, analytical and operational roles: you thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong business and marketing intuition and judgment
• Exceptional hypothesis driven problem solving and critical thinking skills. Expert quantitative analysis and logical reasoning
• 2+ years hands-on experience in developing reports and dashboard in at least 2 mainstream Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Domo)
• 2 years professional experience working with SQL in complex data warehousing instance
• Experience with Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Data Lake and Big Data storage.
• Architect and develop analytical solutions that provide insights, not reports
• Hands-on experience conducting customer segmentation, cohort performance, and product funnel analyses preferred
• Experience in and mastery of using a test and learn methodology in order to drive innovation and growth. You have an enterprise mindset and are comfortable with ambiguity and a fluid business landscape.
• Bonus: You’ve worked in a hyper-growth company
You’ll be a leader on the marketing team, which has been a central driver of the hyper-growth our company has enjoyed over the last several years. We think big, we work hard, we have fun.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.