Account Manager, Author Acquisition
Emeryville, CA /
Content Operations /
We combine the power of Big Data, technology, and lean economics. We discover the information people are searching for and provide it. We help transform lives.
Callisto will be unmatched in providing products, services, and experiences to a diverse universe. From mainstream populations to groups that traditional companies believe are too small or economically unfeasible to address, we will meet their needs.
Today, we’re the fastest growing company in the $106 billion global publishing industry, and our primary method for meeting peoples’ needs is through long-form content in books. But creating books for them is only the beginning.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
- Build and maintain a robust network of potential author contacts that will allow you to quickly and proactively match candidates to our forthcoming books.
- Achieve productivity goals and reduce cycle times.
- Be the first point of contact that prospective authors have with Callisto, introducing them to the unique opportunities we offer and developing a relationship with them that can potentially extend over multiple books.
- Vet a candidate’s qualifications and interest in light of our editorial and marketing requirements to ensure they are a good fit for a given project.
- Partner closely with the editorial team to understand their needs and provide them with the strongest possible author candidates.
- Use best practices in customer relationship management to follow up with candidates via email and phone.
- Deliver projects on budget.
- Review contractual terms with potential authors and move strong candidates through to contract close.
- Creatively expand sourcing strategies.
You'll Make an Impact Because . . .
- You’re a dynamic, energetic individual with proven sales development, relationship building and negotiating skills.
- You have an innate passion for closing a deal and are driven to use data to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- You are curious about a variety of topics and intrigued by the prospect of finding experts to write on them.
- You are analytically-minded and produce work characterized by meticulous attention to detail.
- You strive to achieve at the highest level and are able to do so even as processes and systems evolve.
- You are goal-oriented, with a commitment to achieving targets at both the individual and team level.
- You’re an innovative thinker who searches for ways to make things work better.
- You have strong time-management skills that allow you to prioritize quickly and to get the most out of each day.
- Four years of related experience with sales development, corporate recruiting, negotiation, or the equivalent in a related field.
- A BS/BA or equivalent.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to act with autonomy.
- A collaborative team player who can work with multiple teams with ease.
- Familiarity with fast paced, highly productive environments.
- The ability to efficiently lead projects to a successful conclusion without sacrificing quality.
- The ability to manage data in Google Office and Excel.
We have a proven track record of expertly blending art with data science to publish timely books that readers want to consume. We help writers become authors. We advance self-published authors become more successful to enhance their reputation and enrich their careers.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.