Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
Software engineer to join our small engineering team. Design, code, test, and support projects that will directly impact the company’s publishing efforts.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years industry experience
- Proficient with C++
- Strong software engineering best practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Understanding of the Linux operating system, networking, and tool set (bash, ssh, vim, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Other Useful Skills and Experience
- Understanding of SQL, especially MySQL
- Experience with clustered and/or distributed systems
- Experience developing within large codebases
- Experience using GIT
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.