Sr Manager, Community Engagement & Retention
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives. Backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists, Callisto Media is the biggest thing to happen to the $50B+ US book publishing industry in over a century.
We've already had several years of 100%+ annual growth and aren’t stopping anytime soon. Want to get on the rocket ship?
Connection with our consumers is at the heart of our mission: creating content that has the power to transform consumers’ lives. As the leader of our consumer community team you will be responsible for thought-leadership around building a community of consumer ambassadors, including a multi-pronged strategy to successfully acquire and activate community members. We are looking for someone who is passionate about content and our mission, and takes a data-driven approach to solving complex problems at huge scale.
You will report to the VP, Marketing and will work cross functionally with Data Science, Product Development and other senior leadership. We are in hyper-growth mode and need someone who can think creatively, act strategically, roll their sleeves up and iterate quickly.
● Own the end to end strategy and execution for community acquisition, retention and conversion.
● Manage and inspire a small team, supporting their excellence in campaign strategy and execution. Serve as the senior leader on the larger marketing team to inspire and inform.
● Optimize conversion of the consumer community funnel and set the strategy to define ideal funnel conversion rates.
● Establish and improve scalable marketing processes that use best practices for campaign management.
● Analyze the performance of various acquisition campaigns and optimize our spend through testing and iteration.
● Help shape and partner in a cross-functional feedback loop relaying user insights to further refine our product.
● 8+ years experience in conversion focused community management or email marketing.
● 4+ years experience in people management of full time direct reports
● Demonstrated success driving to acquisition, retention and conversion KPIs.
● Deep knowledge of campaign building best practices and execution.
● You have an enterprise mindset and are comfortable with ambiguity and a fluid business landscape.
● You value and serve as a collaborative leader with strong influencing and negotiating skills
○ You’ve worked in a hyper-growth company
○ You have experience using a test and learn methodology in order to drive innovation and growth
You’ll be a leader on the marketing team, which has been a central driver of the hyper-growth our company has enjoyed over the last several years. We think big, we work hard, we have fun.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our consumers first and we orient our core values around them. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.