Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
As part of the Production Team, you will facilitate work flow between multiple departments and outside vendors to ensure timely delivery of all our products. You have experience managing complex print projects with a proven track record in successful collaborations. As a Production Manager, your eagerness for innovation and problem solving will be vital to creating a consistent, quality product in a time critical environment.
- Assign and manage freelance Coders and print Compositors, ensuring clear understanding of design objectives and adherence to established standards
- Transmit and review corrections on composed pages
- Review manuscripts for structural consistency and clarity; supervise coding and transmittal for layout
- Closely monitor and facilitate production workflow
- Adhere to demanding schedules and help uphold high design quality standards
- Assist department head in researching and optimizing workflow tools, resources, and procedures
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging software and tools
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years book and/or magazine production experience with an emphasis on design, composition and prepress
- Extensive knowledge of typography and proper typesetting conventions
- Proficiency in InDesign, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and Project Management software
- Strong problem-solving skills & attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills (ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and meet tight deadlines)
- Ability to take initiative while also working collaboratively with colleagues
- Adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree
We have a proven track record of expertly blending art with data science to publish timely books that readers want to consumer. We help writers become authors. We advance self published authors become more successful to enhance their reputation and enrich their careers.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.