We combine the power of Big Data, technology, and lean economics. We discover the information people are searching for and provide it. We help transform lives.
Callisto will be unmatched in providing products, services, and experiences to a diverse universe. From mainstream populations to groups that traditional companies believe are too small or economically unfeasible to address, we will meet their needs.
Today, we’re the fastest growing company in the $106 billion global publishing industry, and our primary method for meeting peoples’ needs is through long-form content in books. But creating books for them is only the beginning.
Callisto Media is seeking a self-motivated, system savvy, detail-oriented Accounts Payable Lead to join our growing finance organization and own the Procure to Pay function. Based in our Emeryville headquarters, you will be a key player on the accounting team. You will report to the Controller and must be a team-player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Establish a best in class procurement process including contracting with potential vendors, new vendor onboarding, vendor information maintenance, invoice and payment management.
- Manage and participate in all the day-to-day accounts payable activities.
- Establish best practices inclusive of technology solutions related to the procure-to-pay workflow.
- Be the internal champion and primary change agent as we improve our Procure to Pay processes.
- Serve as a procurement business partner to the rest of the organization.
- Establish and enforce proper approval matrix, payment terms and disbursement setup required for smooth processing of invoices and payments.
- Research, address and resolve issues and vendor inquiries
- Oversee vendor on-boarding including managing contracts, W-9’s, etc.
- Analyze invoice volume and processing trends to drive process improvements.
- Lead implementation of purchase order process throughout the company
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures related to AP, reimbursements, credit cards, and internal controls
- Assist with month-end close by completing various journal entries and reconciliations.
- Participate in audits by providing support and commentary.
- Manage all regulatory compliance related to accounts payable (i.e. 1099 reporting).
- Communicate effectively to promote favorable partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related fields of study preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years within procurement, 2+ years in an A/P or procurement leadership role.
- Experience Managing an outsourced A/P team a plus.
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com and Purchasing platforms strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal guidance — able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze issues and recommend/implement solutions.
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office and Gsuite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highest moral standards and safekeeping of confidential information.
- Experience working in a high-growth start-up environment preferred.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.