Senior Vice President, Sales
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
Callisto Media is looking for a talented and experienced SVP of Sales to join our growing team. In this role, you'll have direct oversight of domestic revenue across a diverse retail, wholesale, licensing, and b2b distribution network excluding online. You'll be charged with managing the forecasting, budgeting and channel development of our national retail chains, mass merchants, specialty retailers, distributors, brand direct, enterprise sales and licensing strategies. You will lead our national account team, expand our distribution network and build our direct sales capabilities to ensure continued account and revenue growth. You will be responsible for long-term revenue planning, sales analysis, terms of sale negotiations, category management, vendor managed inventory and cooperative marketing programs.
We are currently experiencing explosive growth, and are seeking a proven sales leader who can do the following:
● Shape and drive a multi-channel North American sales strategy that continues to deliver rapid year-over-year growth for Callisto products
● Grow and manage a world class team of sales leaders capable of driving explosive results
● Apply a metrics-driven, bottoms-up approach to drive sales insight, opportunity, and results
- 15+ years of Global retail, wholesale and B2B leadership experience with at least 8 years of successfully managing operational and functional leaders across Sales and Executive Levels
- Ability to set strategy and participate in business planning initiatives at the C-level
- Experience leading and scaling retail CPG sales and services organizations and practices to at least $100 million revenue globally, across multiple distribution channels, geographies and segments
- Strong experience hiring and developing high-performing, sales leaders
- Ability to drive and manage change management programs across functionally and geographically distributed strategic partner organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer experience
- Fueled by a strong desire to achieve, with proven experience to inspire passion and drive with an adaptability to succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced growth environment
- Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus
- Based in the Bay area and be willing to travel ~25% of time
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.