New York, NY
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
As part of the Operations Team, you will manage internal title bibliographic data and distribution, and oversee print and eBook submissions. You have experience with successful and accurate creation and dissemination of metadata while maintaining impeccable records and clear communication. As a Metadata Associate, your ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment will be essential to the success of our product.
- Responsible for contributing to title bibliographic data, collaborating with various internal departments to ensure accurate and timely feeds.
- Monitor and review metadata feed to distributors and online sales channels
- Document and report all metadata issues in order to resolve in a timely manner
- Enroll and manage price changes for eBook promotions across multiple online retailer sites
- Upload all print and eBook files to various systems for distribution and print production
- Order and track printed proofs arrival to multiple offices and manage turnaround for all eproofs
- Verify print title availability at online retailers; track, report and resolve all issues with external partners
- Manage assets to ensure on-sale dates are achieved for all newly launching titles, coordinating with marketing team
- Document and report all print quality issues, manage communication with vendor and facilitate issue resolution
- Support continual improvement of metadata and title launches
- Support the Operations Team by cross-training on daily tasks outside of the Metadata Associate role
- Complete other projects as assigned and on deadline
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of book and/or magazine operations, or similar experience
- Understanding of well-formed metadata and eBook file formats
- Experience working with distributors and coordinating order fulfillment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and adaptable to a constantly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Writing, or related field a plus
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.