Email Marketing/Operations Specialist
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives. Backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists, Callisto Media is the biggest thing to happen to the $50B+ US book publishing industry in over a century.
We've already had several years of 100%+ annual growth and aren’t stopping anytime soon. Want to get on the rocket ship?
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
Connection with our consumers is at the heart of our mission. As a marketing operations specialist you will manage and grow our consumer preview program which gives interested consumers a first look at our upcoming releases. We’re looking for an email and automation expert who is passionate about content and our mission, and takes a data-driven approach to solving complex problems at scale.
You will report to the VP, Marketing & E-commerce and will work closely with our growing and collaborative team. We are in hyper-growth mode and need someone who can think creatively, act strategically, roll their sleeves up and iterate quickly.
• Grow our acquisition, retention and activation rates by thinking end-to-end across the consumer journey
• Develop email campaigns and workflows, including template design, messaging development, list creation, email setup, marketing automation and performance tracking
• Utilize segmentation, automation and customization, to create targeted and effective email nurture campaigns
• Measure and analyze email and campaign performance metrics, develop routine reports and generate insights to continuously iterate and improve engagement and activation.
• Proactively research and test new functionality, trends, and best practices around email
• 5+ years experience in email marketing, marketing automation and database segmentation.
• Demonstrated success driving to acquisition, retention and conversion KPIs.
• Highly proficient in analyzing campaign performance, provide actionable insights, and driving continuous improvements to email performance.
• Fluency with template development, targeting, and personalization in Hubspot or similar.
• Strong knowledge of best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email.
• You’ve worked in a hyper-growth company
• You have experience using a test and learn methodology in order to drive innovation and growth
You’ll be a member of the marketing & e-commerce team, which has been a central driver of the hyper-growth our company has enjoyed over the last several years. We think big, we work hard, we have fun.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.