Author Talent Recruiter
New York, NY
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
- Screen and qualify author leads acquired through outbound sourcing and determine their fit for titles we are publishing.
- Evaluate the potential author's fit for a specific book, and sell them on the opportunity.
- Review contractual terms with potential authors and move strong candidates through to contract close.
- Serve as a first point of contact for these potential authors, representing Callisto and the unique opportunity we offer.
- Creatively expand sourcing strategies.
- Clearly communicate any needs and challenges experienced and ensure that all stakeholders have a complete picture of the acquisition pipeline.
- Work with the rest of our recruiting team to build a platform that consistently draws top author talent.
You’ll make an impact because...
- You’re eager to help build the future of a category-leading company.
- You listen actively and insightfully and you understand what drives people.
- You have superb time-management skills that allow you to prioritize quickly and to get the most out of every single day.
- You establish trust quickly and communicate clearly over video conferencing, the phone, and email.
- You exhibit effective time and resource management.
- You’re passionate about delivering a phenomenal candidate experience and building a great company culture.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with in-house, corporate recruiting or equivalent in related field.
- BS/BA or equivalent.
- Comfort and demonstrated experience in high volume, fast paced environments.
- Great attitude, self-starter, and high level of autonomy.
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in sourcing and assessing technical talent.
- The ability to lead projects to successful conclusion – balancing efficiency with quality.
- A genuine interest in publishing, and an insatiable curiosity as shown by continuous learning throughout your career.
We have a proven track record of expertly blending art with data science to publish timely books that readers want to consumer. We help writers become authors. We advance self published authors become more successful to enhance their reputation and enrich their careers.
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.