Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
This role will design, code, test, and support the GUI of projects that will directly impact the Company’s publishing efforts.
· 3-to-5 years professional working development experience
· Ability to take visual mock-ups or prototypes and re-implement them as a live, dynamic in-house visual tool
· Sensitivity to the usability, aesthetic polish, and interactivity of visual elements for viewing data. Expertise and passion for UI and graphic design in web-based software
· Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
· Competent in UNIX
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or graphics design, or equivalent industry experience
Other useful skills/experience:
· Experience using chart/graph creation software
· Experience with an object-oriented language, preferably C++
· Understanding of SQL, especially MySQL
· Familiar with Perl and/or Python
· Understanding of MVC frameworks
· Experience using GIT
· Experience with JSON and XML
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.