National Accounts Manager, Mass Merchandise Sales
Callisto Media was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives.
With deep roots in technology and publishing, Callisto Media harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Our titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity.
We have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists. We use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. We’re an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City who are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
The candidate will have a track record of success in managing and increasing sales in mass merchant retail chains and specialty wholesale accounts. This is a critical role to increase shelf space, revenue, profitability and market share within an established customer base. You will be charged with managing trade spend, expanding distribution, delivering timely customer service and creating efficient, in-store merchandising programs.
We are a KPI-driven, data driven company experiencing rapid growth in big box, membership club and specialty retail chains. We are searching for a proven sales professional who understands how to create annual and long-term value for a mix of national retail chains by leveraging data, in-depth account knowledge and efficient in-store promotions.
You will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales goals in existing and new markets in an assigned territory. Buying/merchandise management experience is not required but a plus.
- Comprehensive, consultative account management including deepening client and retail buyer relationships, managing sell-in of new releases and established evergreen SKUs, and activating in-store promotions. As a data driven company, consistent monitoring of sell through analysis and leveraging all direct selling opportunities to assigned accounts is essential.
- You possess a relentless focus on growth, profitability, analysis and outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of each account and the key processes and procedures specific to each retailer.
- Create AOP (annual operating plan) for each retail chain and customize sales presentations and regular business reviews to maximize revenue, operating efficiency and distribution opportunities.
- Daily outreach, follow-up and email/phone correspondence with key accounts; troubleshoot account issues as required; ensure orders are received and process as expected. Qualify and close sales opportunities.
- Analyze sales data to identify opportunities for new and existing products. Develop product, market and customer knowledge based on data, not opinion.
- Measure key KPIs (revenue against plan, sell through efficiency, market share, coop marketing allowances and performance of evergreen SKUS).
- Maximize product profitability by utilizing trade spend and eligible coop advertising funds with budget.
- Provides timely and insightful sales call reports.
- Gather info from accounts and update supervisor and internal key stakeholders with account feedback on CM titles.
- Study the market, recognize sales trends, and continuously communicate that information to management and key stakeholders.
- Provide weekly executive report updates detailing sell through, market share and promotional wins and opportunities.
- Provide sales channel forecasting and pipeline management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Management and Operations to achieve company/group/individual quarterly goals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, evolving company environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization.
Measures of Performance
- Achieve and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual sales plan for new releases and evergreen SKUs.
- Best-in-class deliver of service to clients and customers
- Areas of oversight’s adherence to company culture and values.
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude and service to others.
- Ensure all paperwork, documentation and processes are completed and turned in per Company policies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred and sales experience in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales or buying (preferably in Mass Merchandise Sales)
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenge of accelerating our rapid growth at national retail chains (mass, grocery, specialty, supermarket, drug stores).
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client-oriented team.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Google Drive and related systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong systems and process orientation
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Proactive, energetic, efficient and self-directed, with the capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively. Ability to perform with little supervision to sell a data driven product assortment to demanding retail clients.
- Team player with a proven ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, evolving company environment.
- Strong inner drive to build, improve, and own cross-departmental processes
- Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, and InDesign experience a plus
Join us! We are a team where data drives our decisions. Where culture matters. We put our customers first and they embody our core values. We’re entrepreneurial and focused in our approach. We challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day.
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401k, stock options, for full-time employees, as well as a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position.