SF or Remote
Calm is best known as a meditation, sleep and mental wellness app, available in both the App Store and Google Play store. It is the #1 app for meditation and sleep, with over 36 million downloads to date.
Calm was named by Apple as the 2017 iPhone App of the Year; by Google Play as an “Editors’ Choice” in 2018; and found by a major study of 200,000 iPhone users to be “the world’s happiest app” – the single app that left users feeling happiest from spending time on it. It has received over 200,000 five star app reviews on either Google Play or the App Store.
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress).
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Title: Research Coordinator
Location: Prefer Phoenix, Remote considered
Reports to (Title): Calm Director of Science (Dr. Jennifer Huberty)
Required Education: Master’s degree with research, grant and manuscript writing experience
The purpose of this position is to work closely with the Director of Calm Science to coordinate the research activities and provide support to the Director and the Scientific Advisory Board to facilitate the achievement of Calm Science goals and objectives.
Work with the Director of Calm Science and the Scientific Advisory Board to support research.
Calm, under the direct supervision of Dr. Jennifer Huberty, is looking for an experienced, full-time Research Coordinator for interventions related to sleep, meditation, and movement using the Calm app. The individual hired for this position will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day research activities for interventions (development, implementation) working closely with Dr. Huberty, the Scientific Advisory Board and Calm team members. This position requires substantial capacity to work effectively within a team at a fast pace. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong time management skills, and the ability to use good judgment in daily tasks.
This person will also need to implement approved study protocols with high fidelity to ensure that we meet study accrual, retention, and data quality targets. Experience identifying, recruiting, and retaining patients in behavioral research is critical, as is experience working within a study team and interacting and working with diverse patient populations.
Specific responsibilities will include working with clinical and community collaborators to identify potential research participants, completing screening and enrollment procedures, administering measurement protocols, ensuring participant retention, monitoring the well-being of research participants, reporting on accrual and retention, helping identify and solve problems to ensure study goals are met, helping prepare reports for study meetings and regulatory requirements, completing administrative tasks, and participating in writing manuscripts and grant applications.
- Coordinate research initiatives, which includes identifying, recruiting, and retaining patients in studies.
- Coordinate the development of study materials for institutional review board (IRB) approval, including study documents, procedural documents, participant materials, and recruitment materials.
- Work with the Director of Calm Science and the Scientific Advisory Board to develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive databases and files related to studies.
- Coordinate and manage Calm program outreach activities including acting as a liaison with community organizations.
- Collect and disseminate research study data for reporting findings and progress to the Director of Calm Science and the Scientific Advisory Board.
Participate in the development of Calm research program through literature searches.
- Assist with manuscript/conference abstract preparation and submission
- Assist with grant preparation and submission
Candidates must have completed a Master’s degree in exercise science, psychology, social sciences, public health, or a related field (or equivalent experience). The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience conducting behavioral health research and demonstrate experience in grant and manuscript writing as part of a study team.
Minimum Required Experience: 2 years working as part of a study team
Preferred Education: PhD
Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience as a part of a study team participating in research projects, manuscript writing, and grant development
Preferred Certifications: CITI certification, Adult CPR/AED certification
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!