Mobile Engineer — iOS
Calm is best known as a meditation, sleep and mental wellness app, available in both the App Store and Google Play store. It is the #1 app for meditation and sleep, with over 36 million downloads to date.
Calm was named by Apple as the 2017 iPhone App of the Year; by Google Play as an “Editors’ Choice” in 2018; and found by a major study of 200,000 iPhone users to be “the world’s happiest app” – the single app that left users feeling happiest from spending time on it. It has received over 200,000 five star app reviews on either Google Play or the App Store.
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress).
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Message from the Hiring Manager:
"You'll be joining the Calm team at an exciting time of growth and have the opportunity to make major contributions to the success of our iOS app, which was named Apple's App of the Year for 2017. We're looking for engineers who strive to build an incredible customer experience as we continually improve the app. You'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of platforms such as the apps for the Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad. We're looking for people that can use their expertise in varied iOS frameworks to help deliver new features on a routine basis, improve UX, make performance optimizations, and write maintainable code. This is your chance to join a small and nimble team and make a big contribution on a product that millions of people enjoy and use to lead happier and healthier lives!"
Who You Are
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code
- A generalist with a passion for the front end
- A great eye for beautiful designs and interfaces
- Experience shipping products to end users
- 3+ years of software engineering
- 2+ years experience with iOS
- Experienced with Swift
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!