Calm - 2017 Apple iPhone App of the Year!
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier through the superpower of Calm. We are developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress). Calm has reached over 34 Million users and is profitable (10x revenue growth in two years).
Mental Fitness is fast becoming the new Physical Fitness, and we believe a huge global brand will be built in this space. Our vision is to build Calm into one of the most valuable and meaningful brands of the 21st Century - “The Nike of the Mind.”
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is seeking an experienced and passionate data analyst to lead our business intelligence and data analyses team. We are an industry-leading wellness company with the top meditation app in the world. We're a small team, and you’ll be working at our lovely office in downtown San Francisco.
- Work closely with product, marketing and engineering teams to perform extensive analyses on user engagement and business metrics
- Design, develop, and own dashboards and reports that provide views across business units, using data gathered from multiple sources
- Apply novel analytics techniques and tools to solve problems, improve decisions, and build tools
- 3+ years of experience of performing data-driven analysis at a consumer internet company
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Familiarity with A/B testing, statistics and bandit algorithms
- Strong communication skills
- Deep passion for wringing truths from data
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Experience with AI or machine learning
- Big data: Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Presto or similar
- Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Redshift/AWS or similar
Competitive salary and equity
We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
Life insurance and disability benefits
Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!