Calm is best known as a meditation, sleep and mental wellness app, available in both the App Store and Google Play store. It is the #1 app for meditation and sleep, with over 36 million downloads to date.
Calm was named by Apple as the 2017 iPhone App of the Year; by Google Play as an “Editors’ Choice” in 2018; and found by a major study of 200,000 iPhone users to be “the world’s happiest app” – the single app that left users feeling happiest from spending time on it. It has received over 200,000 five star app reviews on either Google Play or the App Store.
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress).
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is seeking an experienced and passionate data analyst to lead our business intelligence and data analyses team. We are an industry-leading wellness company with the top meditation app in the world. We're a small team, and you’ll be working at our lovely office in downtown San Francisco.
- Work closely with product, marketing and engineering teams to perform extensive analyses on user engagement and business metrics
- Design, develop, and own dashboards and reports that provide views across business units, using data gathered from multiple sources
- Apply novel analytics techniques and tools to solve problems, improve decisions, and build tools
- 3+ years of experience of performing data-driven analysis at a consumer internet company
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Familiarity with A/B testing, statistics and bandit algorithms
- Strong communication skills
- Deep passion for wringing truths from data
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Experience with AI or machine learning
- Big data: Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Presto or similar
- Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Redshift/AWS or similar
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!