Software Engineer - Data
Calm - 2017 Apple iPhone App of the Year!
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier through the superpower of Calm. We are developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress). Calm has reached over 26 Million users, and is profitable (10x revenue growth in two years).
Mental Fitness is fast becoming the new Physical Fitness, and we believe a huge global brand will be built in this space. Our vision is to build Calm into one of the most valuable and meaningful brands of the 21st Century - “The Nike of the Mind.”
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
This role will be crucial to every team at Calm. You will be our point person for all things data. You will own our data warehouse, data infrastructure, and data stores to ensure that our queries are performant and our pipelines are clean. You will be our data expert who focuses full time on all things data engineering and storage.
What You'll Do
- Own our analytics infrastructure, including our Redshift data warehouse and our data integrations such as Amplitude, Iterable, and AppsFlyer
- Own our data infrastructure and storage solutions, from Redshift and our third-party ETL solutions to our PostgreSQL database
- Work with your fellow engineers to give them tools to leverage our data systems through documentation and knowledge sharing
- Work with product and martketing to assess their needs and create solutions that allow us to make critical decisions
Who You Are
- SQL ninja with strong computer science fundamentals, an understanding of systems, and data engineering expertise
- Former backend or platform engineer with experience writing application code and data pipelines for at least 3 years total
- Polyglot with experience using Python and NodeJS in production environments
- Database expert with experience managing PostgreSQL and Redshift at scale
- Scrappy engineer happy to dive into any codebase necessary to solve a problem
Competitive salary and equity
We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
Life insurance and disability benefits
Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!