Head of Talent Acquisition
Calm is best known as a meditation, sleep and mental wellness app, available in both the App Store and Google Play store. It is the #1 app for meditation and sleep, with over 36 million downloads to date.
Calm was named by Apple as the 2017 iPhone App of the Year; by Google Play as an “Editors’ Choice” in 2018; and found by a major study of 200,000 iPhone users to be “the world’s happiest app” – the single app that left users feeling happiest from spending time on it. It has received over 200,000 five star app reviews on either Google Play or the App Store.
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress).
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
The Head of Talent Acquisition ensures we attract and hire the right people. You will lead and grow a team of recruiters as strategic partners to the business.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate, streamline and improve current recruiting processes
- Partner with the management team to determine long-term growth strategy for the company
- Manage and develop a team of recruiters to hire the best technical and non-technical talent
- Work with the talent and management team to develop and champion strategic recruiting initiatives including interview training, employment branding, culture assessments, compensation plans, employee retention, etc.
- Recruit for strategic technical and senior roles as needed
- Constantly evaluate external trends and identify opportunities to promote creative and out-of-the-box recruiting strategies
Who You Are
- You have a proven track record of implementing strategic recruiting practices in a high growth company
- Experienced in leading a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Success in hiring both non-technical and technical talent in a highly competitive market
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong experience in executive recruiting
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!