Software is eating the world - and AI is eating software. Just like the last two decades have seen software penetrate every industry and use case - the next two decades will see AI touch everything we do. And as more and more of the mission-critical systems that run our lives are entrusted to algorithms, reliability and safety become a real concern.
This is where Calypso comes in. We are building the first-ever security for AI solution.
At Calypso AI we build Tools for Trusted AI.
Calypso AI Labs is our advanced applications team, focused on leveraging our unique technologies to enhance national security.
As a Software Engineer in Calypso AI Labs, you will work with our R&D team, and our global engineering team to build solutions to key AI challenges. You will play a key role in the technical success at Calypso's enterprise and pilot deployments. We’re highly technical and relentlessly curious, and we thrive when we’re in the middle of a hard problem.
We work directly with users in the field to understand their workflows, prototype tools and features, and continually improve our products. From high-level system design to enterprise-scale data integration to application development, our work looks different every day. Put simply, we bring technical expertise to bear on the problems that matter most.
Duties and responsibilities
● Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
● Develop software and source code to a high degree of quality
● Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
● Write well-designed, testable code
● Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
● Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
● Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
● Document and maintain software functionality
● Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
● Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
● Comply with project plans and industry standards
● Ensure software is updated with latest features
● Devote the whole of your working time, attention and ability to the duties of your
● Faithfully and diligently perform those duties and exercise such powers consistent with them which are from time to time assigned to or vested in you by you manager
● Comply with all lawful and reasonable directions from you manager
● Use your best endeavours to promote the interests of the Company
● Get feedback from users and customers
● Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
● Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
● Attend training and educations
Education, Experience Requirements:
● Minimum 2 years experience as a software engineer
● Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
● Formal qualification in the field of Computer Science or software engineering
● Experience with Front End frameworks such as Vue, Angular or React
● Experience with python back end frameworks such as flask
● Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
● Team player
● Good time-management skills
● Great interpersonal and communication skills
● Configuring commercial software solutions to customer databases, platforms, and toolkits
● Experience working with customer end users to understand workflows, requirements, and feature requests
● Must be a U.S citizen to apply