CamberView seeks a talented and highly motivated senior level professional to join its advisory team as a Principal.
The candidate must have at least 7 years of experience working in a corporate governance capacity at an investment management or governance advisory firm, or relevant adjacencies such as corporate law, investment banking, strategy consulting, or investor relations.
The candidate must have a proven track record of interacting with or advising senior executives and directors at public companies that will facilitate the candidate’s success in advising clients on engagement with shareholders and addressing complex shareholder matters such as activism, environmental, social and governance (ES&G) proposals, and challenging say-on-pay votes. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of current shareholder dynamics related to corporate governance, proxy voting, and activism, and be able to translate this substantive knowledge into actionable advice for clients.
Reporting to the Advisory Unit Leader (Partner), the Principal will have primary responsibility in leading the day-to-day execution of client engagements and supporting the firm’s Partners in business development. Responsibilities of the Principal include the following:
Lead execution of client engagements
• Manage all aspects of day-to-day client engagements
• Conduct analyses of client corporate governance practices
• Identify likely areas of investor concern and potential mitigants
• Develop strategies for engaging with and securing support of investors
• Deliver advice to senior client executives and directors across a range of governance issues
• Establish and nurture client relationships
• Lead engagement team of analysts and associates in the development of supporting materials and analyses
• Coordinate with legal, financial and other advisors
2) Support Partners in the development of the business
• Assist in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
• Identify and pursue ancillary business opportunities within existing client base
• Contribute intellectual leadership on key governance issues, including the development of thought pieces, analytical frameworks, and other materials with broad applicability
• Participate in governance and investor-related conferences, including as a speaker or panelist as well as assisting Partners in preparation for speaker roles
3) Demonstrate a leadership role in developing the talent of the company and managing key aspects of an early-stage enterprise
• Serve as a leader and mentor to analysts and associates, helping to develop the next generation of Principals and Partners
• Assist in identifying and recruiting new team members
• Participate in management and organizational decisions as members of key committees
• JD, MBA or equivalent business experience
• 7+ years of work experience in an investor role analyzing governance matters and/or an advisory role providingstrategic advice to public companies on corporate governance, activism, strategy, executive compensation, or investor relations
• Collaborative and team oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to develop written presentation and thought leadership materials
• Track record of engagement with senior level executives and board members of public companies
• Strong leadership skills
This position will provide competitive base compensation and bonus based on the performance against clearly defined expectations.
CamberView Partners is the leading provider of investor-led advice to public companies on engagement and shareholder relations, activism and contested situations, sustainability and complex corporate governance matters. CamberView helps its clients succeed by providing unique insight into investors’ perspectives on long-term value creation, interpreting the evolving governance landscape and creating proactive strategies to stay ahead of investor challenges. CamberView has office locations in San Francisco, New York, and London.
Governance Advisory • Shareholder Engagement
Activism Defense • Contested and Complex M&A • Say on Pay
Sustainability • IPO Governance • IR Advisory