Associate - U.S.
CamberView seeks an experienced and highly motivated Associate to join our advisory team. The Associate will have a background in portfolio management or in buy-side or sell-side equity research and will play a vital role in supporting all aspects of the firm’s core business. This position will report to one of our Partners.
Responsibilities of the Associate include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Identify and analyze fundamental, corporate governance, activism and contested M&A issues facing public companies and assist in developing a plan for successfully advising companies on these issues
· Assist companies in navigating complex investor relations challenges and in articulating a compelling investment thesis to retain current shareholders and appeal to prospective shareholders
· Research, analyze and develop materials relating to corporate governance trends and takeover defenses for public company board of directors and senior management
· Prepare sophisticated and effective information memoranda and management/investor presentations on key issues facing clients
· Assist with drafting talking points and Q&A to prepare clients for meetings with institutional investors and proxy advisory firms
· Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client, its business and its governance structure
· Demonstrate the capacity to work directly with clients and prospective clients, successfully contributing to both relationships
· Help execute on identifying, prioritizing and engaging new clients
· Prepare Partners for speaking engagements and presentations in a variety of forums
· Serve as a leader and mentor to Analysts, helping to develop the next generation of Associates
· Assist in identifying and recruiting new team members
A successful candidate will possess the following:
· 4+ years of work experience in portfolio management or buy-side or sell-side equity research
· Bachelor's Degree; with a strong academic record
· CFA a plus
· Experience performing in-depth research
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
· Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level executives and clients
· Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Collaborative and team oriented with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent written communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
· Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
This position will provide a competitive base compensation, benefits package and incentive bonus based on the individual’s performance.
CamberView Partners is the leading provider of investor-led advice to public companies on engagement and shareholder relations, activism and contested situations, sustainability and complex corporate governance matters. CamberView helps its clients succeed by providing unique insight into investors’ perspectives on long-term value creation, interpreting the evolving governance landscape and creating proactive strategies to stay ahead of investor challenges. CamberView has office locations in San Francisco, New York, and London.
Governance Advisory • Shareholder Engagement
Activism Defense • Contested and Complex M&A • Say on Pay
Sustainability • IPO Governance • IR Advisory