Senior Product Designer
San Francisco /
Product – Product Design /
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential. While there are many language learning apps out there, the vast majority aren’t designed to help serious learners beyond a beginner level. Cambly’s global tutor community has diverse skillsets and experience to help professionals get ahead in their career and help parents give their children a head start.
We're looking for experienced product designers to join our team. You’ll fit right in if you’re excited about unlocking economic opportunity for our students and tutors on our platform and energized by working with a team with the same passion. Our team is small, so you’ll be exposed to all parts of the business beyond design. You’ll have a big impact on defining the nascent design culture within our company and how it influences our strategy. As an English learning service, we have a uniquely global user base and team. You’ll need to have a global perspective to view your work through the eyes of our diverse and multi-lingual students who are all trying to improve their ability to communicate with the world.
- Designing a virtual classroom, tailored to 1-on-1 English instruction, with interactive lessons to make the most of each tutoring session.
- Developing a design system to create a consistent experience across all features and platforms.
- Designing a subscription system that accepts diverse payment methods used by our global student and takes into account different expectations about how subscriptions should work.
- 5+ years of experience working in product design
- Experience designing for a consumer product on both web and mobile platforms
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills
- Significant experience using design tools: Figma, Sketch, etc.
- A global perspective. You should be excited about designing an app in 10+ languages and be able to view your work from the perspective of our students
- Excitement about working in a fast-paced startup environment
Interested in joining the team, but don’t think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe in order to thrive, businesses need a diverse team and leadership. We welcome every background, identity, abilities, and mindset to join us on our mission to make high quality English education for all. Everyone is welcome here.