Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco /
Product – Engineering /
We're looking for talented engineers who are passionate about changing the way people learn languages. As a Cambly engineer, you'll be part of a small and fast-moving engineering team (~10 engineers and growing) where you'll have a large impact on all parts of our platform. We've been growing rapidly among language learners around the world, so you'll get to learn what it's like to join a fast growing startup that's creating opportunities for our students and tutors alike.
Our backend is Flask + Gunicorn running on MongoDB. Redis is our PubSub backbone for powering our realtime features. Opentok & Agora power our video chat, while Algolia powers our tutor search. We use Elasticsearch, Kibana, Bigquery, Metabase, New Relic, Sentry, monitoring and metrics. Our Frontend is React + Redux.
Come Help Us:
- Conceive, design, build, and launch new user-facing features
- Develop, release, and scale backend services and/or infrastructure
- Think critically about shaping our software
- Write clean, scalable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews
- Keep the team up-to-date in daily standups
- 1+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with at least 1 programming language like Python, Go, Java, etc. (bonus points if its Python)
- Experience with web development, ideally using React + Redux.
- Strong CS fundamentals
- A passion for learning. You fearlessly dive into new and unfamiliar technologies.
- A product-minded approach to engineering. You should be excited about working directly with our students, tutors, and our international team to make sure students have an amazing experience.
On a small and nimble team, every engineer should be able to learn new technologies quickly and jump in anywhere in our stack. You should have experience using or be excited about learning both our Frontend & Backend stacks.
Interested in joining the team, but don’t think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe in order to thrive, businesses need a diverse team and leadership. We welcome every background, identity, abilities, and mindset to join us on our mission to make high quality English education for all. Everyone is welcome here.