Sao Paulo /
General and Administrative – Finance /
Full-Time Equivalent (Deel)
Cambly is growing fast in Brazil, and this is your chance to join our international team! It is a unique opportunity to work in a Silicon Valley startup and experience our extremely entrepreneurial work culture with high ownership and autonomy. Cambly is a Series B company backed by the most prestigious VC funds of Brazil and the US, sharing the same investors as Airbnb, Uber, Instagram, and 99. Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunities for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential.
The successful candidate is someone who is a utility player -comfortable with ambiguity, operates with an ownership mindset and is excited to roll-up your sleeves as we build Cambly’s accounting function from the ground-up. This role will play an integral part in the day-to-day accounting operations with opportunities to work on other projects as we continue to grow. The Finance Specialist will interact with individuals from across the organization worldwide and from different departments and should have a friendly and professional attitude. If you want to drive direct impact in business metrics as well as people's lives this is the right place for you!
ADVANCED ENGLISH: English is used daily in contact with the international product, operation, support, and marketing teams that are located at the company's headquarters in San Francisco, USA.
HYBRID WORK: This job is located in either Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo. Requires availability to go to the office once a week.
- Calculate and prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process;
- Manage corporate credit card payments and employee expense reporting;
- Prepare and send revenue invoices including handling communications with sales reps when needed;
- Review and obtain invoices, credit card receipts and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval;
- General ledger tasks;
- Assist with audit prep as it relates to assigned accounts;
- Improve and document general processes for assigned areas;
- Clarify any questionable credit card charges, expenses, prices or invoice approvals.
Key Skills and qualifications:
- Graduation: Financial Accounting, Business Administration or similar;
- Fluent English (Advanced writing and speaking English skills);
- In-depth knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel;
- Auditing Experience is a plus but not required;
- Self-motivated and highly driven personality;
- Second-to-none work ethic;
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization, juggle multiple priorities, and drive towards action;
- Nimble mindset - our business is growing and evolving quickly, you’ll need to too;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, and superior attention to detail.
Cambly was founded in 2012 by Kevin Law and Sameer Shariff, two former Google engineers who decided to start a company to help people around the world study English. Cambly has native teachers from countries like the United States, Canada and England online 24 hours a day for students to instantly connect to private classes. The platform can be accessed through the computer, Android application, or iOS. Today, the company is present in more than 190 countries and has the same investors as Uber, Airbnb, Dropbox, 99 Taxi, Oppa and Conta Azul.