Head of Talent
San Francisco /
People – Recruiting /
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential.
We’re growing fast and looking for a talent acquisition leader to lead the recruiting function at Cambly. We’re looking for someone who’s willing to “roll up their sleeves” and drive improving and building strategy around headcount planning, recruiting pipelines and systems, and candidate experience. This is a hugely impactful role that will build up an all-star team that’s making a large impact on millions of English learners around the world.
As our first talent acquisition leader, you’ll be in charge of the entire recruiting function of the company. You’ll work closely with our founders on recruiting strategy as well hiring managers throughout the company. You’ll build the recruiting team as needed to scale our business.
- Build and lead a world-class talent acquisition team to meet the company’s growth targets
- Coach business stakeholders through headcount planning, development of JD’s, setting appropriate recruiting expectations for funnel metrics and interview workload
- Predict, track, and analyze funnel metrics and timeline, helping business stakeholders debug issues as performance deviates from benchmarks
- Generate innovative best in class recruiting solutions to improve existing recruiting processes and develop new systems to better candidate pipeline and candidate experience.
- Improve top-of-funnel sourcing through innovative sourcing, appropriate experimentation and best practice benchmarking
- Ensure an exceptional candidate experience throughout the whole recruiting process
- The right person will thrive in an "roll up your sleeves" environment, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly
- At least five years of experience in technical recruiting at software-focused companies, preferably at both at large tech companies and high-growth small companies
- Understanding of what great process-driven recruiting looks like and is able to apply data to inform recruiting strategy and decisions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to strategically partner with and advise leaders throughout the recruiting process
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into recruiting initiatives
- Knowledgeable about issues related to Diversity and Inclusion within tech
Interested in joining the team, but don’t think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe in order to thrive, businesses need a diverse team and leadership. We welcome every background, identity, abilities, and mindset to join us on our mission to make high quality English education for all. Everyone is welcome here.