Operations Manager - Tutor
San Francisco /
Operations – Operations /
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential. We’re growing fast and looking for an experienced operations manager to help manage and scale our tutor operations contractor team and drive tutor-side initiatives at Cambly. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to “roll up their sleeves” and work closely with front-line support, quality control, and tutor happiness teams at Cambly. This is an impactful role that will help shape the effectiveness, retention, and happiness of our tutor community of tens of thousands of English tutors. We have a global team, so you should be excited about working with contractors and tutors all over the world.
- Manage and support our part-time tutor contractor team
- Hire and train new tutor operations contractors as needed to support our growing tutor community
- Develop and drive new tutor initiatives: happiness, engagement, best practices, quality control, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including student support team to improve common support processes and policies
- Report to our Business Operations Manager to help manage tutor operations
- The right person will thrive in an "roll up your sleeves" environment, loves building new processes and can pivot quickly
- Exceptional people or project management skills, preferably 5+ years of experience at both small and large tech companies
- Data-driven and analytical when making decisions with great business acumen
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, leveraging high social awareness and interpersonal skills
- Insatiable curiosity and an orientation to growth and learning
What We Offer
- Free lunch daily
- Commuter or wfh benefit
- Ability to help define and own new operational processes that will help the effectiveness and happiness of thousands of tutors around the world
Interested in joining the team, but don’t think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe in order to thrive, businesses need a diverse team and leadership. We welcome every background, identity, abilities, and mindset to join us on our mission to make high quality English education for all. Everyone is welcome here.