Software Engineer, Android
Product – Engineering
We're looking for talented engineers who are passionate about changing the way people learn languages. As a Cambly engineer, you'll be part of a small and fast-moving engineering team where you'll have a large impact on all parts of the Cambly platform. We've been growing rapidly among language learners around the world, so you'll get to learn what it's like to join a fast growing startup that's creating opportunities for our students and tutors alike.
As our first dedicated Android Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for leading our technical strategy on the Android platform. Android is the dominant platform in many of our top markets. You'll be responsible for making sure they feel the magic when we instantly connect them with a native english speaker for the first time. You'll also be responsible for building the Android infrastructure that will enable our growing team to build and ship Android features quickly.
- A product-minded approach to engineering. You should be excited about working directly with our students, tutors, and our international team to make sure students have an amazing experience.
- 3+ years experience building and shipping great Android software quickly as part of a team.
- A passion for learning. You fearlessly dive into new and unfamiliar technologies.
- A global perspective. You should be excited about building an app in 10+ languages that integrates with the social networks and payment methods used by our students.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
On a small and nimble team, every engineer should be able to learn new technologies quickly and jump in anywhere in our stack. While this position is specifically for Android, you should have experience using or be excited about learning all the parts of Cambly including iOS, Android, React, JS, Python, and Mongo.