San Francisco /
Finance – Finance /
Billions of people around the world are learning English to unlock economic opportunity for themselves and their families. Cambly gives those English learners on-demand access to native English speaking tutors to help them reach their full potential.
We’re growing fast and looking for a finance leader to define and lead the finance function at Cambly. We’re looking for someone who’s willing to dive into the details and adaptable enough to keep up with the quick pace of a startup. You’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats, directly impact the bottom line, and work with a fun, amazing team while building something that is helping people all over the world.
As our first finance leader, you’ll be in charge of keeping our economics strong as we grow. You’ll work closely with our founders to develop and lead all finance and administration efforts for Cambly, and eventually build the associated teams as needed in these areas below.
- Budgets and financial planning
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs
- Accounting and payroll
- Business metrics and analytics
- Managing relationships with banks, insurance and real estate brokers, tax and accounting vendors
- Overseeing international expansion strategy and setting up subsidiaries globally
- Leading the company audit, tax filings, Global VAT and digital services tax strategy
- Successful multi-year run as VP Finance at another start-up, or as an experienced Director who has experienced rapid growth at a tech company
- 7 to 10 years in finance and related roles with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated excellence in FP&A, including forecasting and budgeting
- 2+ years start-up experience, preferably leading finance
- Hands on experience setting up effective financial operations and track record of building teams
- Direct experience with HR, Legal and Facilities
- International experience preferred
- Experience raising capital is plus
- Marketplace, ecommerce, and global payments experience is a plus