Korea Country Manager
Marketing – Korea /
Cambly is growing fast in Korea and globally and this is your chance to join our truly international team. A unique opportunity to work in Korea while immersed in silicon valley's culture with strong entrepreneurial spirit and a lot of responsibility and autonomy.
We're looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about education to lead our growth efforts in Korea. We're a startup, so you should be eager to embrace many roles including ones you may have less experience with. Your role will cover product, recruiting, marketing, sales, customer support, PR, finance, and any other areas that will help Cambly grow.
We've been growing rapidly among English learners around the world, so you'll get to learn what it's like to join a fast growing startup with massive potential to improve the lives of English learners everywhere.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop our strategy to reach every English learner in the region
- Manage the local team and contractors
- Report to Japan & Korea regional manager
- Collaborate with our global growth team to identify and execute new global growth strategies
- Build and lead our regional team and foster a culture based on Cambly's values
- Pursue partnerships with schools, businesses, and government agencies
- Manage the finances and budget of our regional business operations
- Communicate product and operational needs to our product and engineering teams
- Setup a local entity in Korea
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, finance or a related field
- Work experience of 8+ years in the related field
- Fluent in English and native in Korean
- Strong leadership experience in global startup technology companies, preferably consumer internet businesses, with a track record of bridging the local market with a multinational company’s global headquarters
- Digital marketing experience
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to make sound business decisions and evaluate performance based on data
- Entrepreneurial mentality, creative thinking, and an ability to set and execute a strategy autonomously with no playbook for success
- A passion for learning and teaching and excitement about creating opportunities for English learners
- Written Exercise
- 4 or 5 rounds of video interview both in Korean and in English
- Final video interview with the Founder
Cambly was founded in 2012 by Kevin Law and Sameer Shariff, two former Google engineers who decided to start a company to help people around the world to study English. Cambly has native teachers from countries like the United States, Canada and England online 24 hours a day for students to instantly connect to private classes via video chat. The service can be accessed through the computer, Android or iOS applications. Today, the service is used in more than 190 countries around the world. Cambly was first backed by the Silicon Valley Accelerator Y Combinator in 2014 and was selected as YC top company in January 2021.