Product – Engineering
Cambly is a global platform that connects students in over 200 countries with native-speaking English tutors. Metrics and experimentation are core to our business’s growth, and we plan to increasingly take a scientific approach to decision making while developing our product, scaling our operations, and launching new marketing campaigns.
Our team is extremely diverse and highly technical; we understand the complexity of running experiments in a two-sided marketplace, on top of the challenges of experimenting in over 15 linguistically and culturally unique markets. There are also many times we are unable to conduct experiments, but still need to understand the impact of a new product feature or data model.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team and take ownership of the work that is currently managed by engineers, operations, or growth specialists.
What you will be working on
- Measure, model, and make recommendations about the user’s lifecycle (both on the student and the tutor side of the business)
- Team up with Engineers to build a recommendation engine to match students with their ideal tutors
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Improve the statistical methodology behind our experimentation platform to ensure that our understanding of product changes is rigorous and accurate
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations used to drive daily decisions
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
What we are loooking for
- A passion for Cambly’s mission of bringing high quality English education to every English learner in the world.
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in SQL and Python
- 3+ years in industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field or Economics; PhD is a plus
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
We are a small, highly analytical team that is passionate about changing the way the world learns English. If you have a proven background in Data Science and are excited to help build Cambly’s learning community, we want to hear from you.