Senior Software Engineer (Mobile | Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Engineering & Data /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
As our first mobile engineer at Candidate Lab, you will have the opportunity to boot up a greenfield mobile projects from scratch. In this role, you will be laying the groundwork for mobile solutions that carry over the innovation developed on the web application side and deliver impact and value to our three key stakeholders (recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates).
- Select the underlying technologies to create our first mobile apps
- Build a technical roadmap with the CTO outlining how to evolve the architecture of the mobile app over time
- Design major software components, systems, and product features in a greenfield environment
- Instrument code to provide both the technical team and stakeholders key insights into making data-driven decisions
- Have a high sense of ownership around delivery, partnering closely with product to create an execution plan and seeing it through all the way to delivering real value to our recruiters
- Ensure we can continually deliver software at a fast pace, leveraging unit / integration testing and other CI / CD best practices to maintain a high level of quality
You may be a good fit if
- You have a strong empathy for users with an obsession to solve their problems
- You have built navtie apps using containers such as Ionic to leverage webapp technologies
- You are interested in contributing to our node.js application backends for a full stack experience
- You nerd out about implementing state machines that drive asynchronous work patterns
- You are able to navigate (or excited to learn) a wide variety of platforms / technologies / programming paradigms including but not limited to Node.js, Docker & Kubernetes, GCP, serverless, stream processing, Presto, Postgres
- 5+ years of experience shipping mobile apps
- 2+ years of experience building within the iOS native ecosystem
- Solid knowledge of web application design patterns
- Some knowledge relational databases patterns
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.