Senior Technical Recruiter (Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Finance, People, & Operations /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
Attracting and retaining talent is the essence of what we do at Candidate Labs. Our growing team is looking to add a Senior Technical Recruiter to be a business partner to our Engineering and Product leaders and their hiring teams as we look to continue scaling the organization. The Recruiter will occasionally work on non-technical roles based on the needs of the business. We’re looking for a highly experienced Technical Recruiter who can help us source, engage and hire senior-level, top technical talent in the machine learning space. This person will be responsible for guiding both hiring managers and candidates through the company’s recruitment framework while maintaining excellent relationships internally and with the external Candidate Labs community.
- Establish meaningful relationships with all assigned hiring managers. You’ll understand the existing hiring process and the reasoning behind its structure, while also giving us recommendations for best practices and improvements.
- Develop and execute a robust full cycle recruiting strategy, with a focus on diversity, to meet the hiring demands of the Product and Engineering team. This includes sourcing qualified passive candidates, reviewing resumes, pre-screening candidates, managing the interview process, facilitating debrief sessions, extending offers and closing candidates.
- Drive and manage the consistent generation of a healthy pipeline of high-quality candidates, with a focus on diversity, by driving initiatives across multiple sources including our internal sourcing Candidate Labs technology, Gem, Lever, social media, web sourcing, boolean searches, referrals, etc.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering hiring managers to deeply understand the needs of their lines of business.
- Create and own a flawlessly positive candidate experience.
- Actively participate in continuous feedback and improvement of our tools and processes.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in technology recruiting, the competitive landscape, market drivers, diversity and more, constantly educating and sharing this knowledge with your hiring managers and team.
Experience, skills and aptitude we’re looking for
- The ability to find unique solutions to attracting, sourcing, closing, and retaining passive and active senior-level product and engineering candidates.
- Experience in designing and implementing an effective sourcing strategy based on an understanding of the market and the role.
- Ability to assess the initial fit of a technical candidate to a role and sell them on the opportunity.
- Knows the importance of learning the candidate’s motivations and can craft an experience that leads to offer acceptance.
- Has a passion for connecting with people and building effective and trusting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers.
- Thrives in a startup culture and wears multiple hats; is not opposed to owning processes end-to-end (sourcing, scheduling, offers, and everything in between).
- If you are close to what we’ve described but don’t meet every single criteria, please apply anyway. Let’s figure out together if this is the right role for you.
Things that give you an edge
- You've been the first recruiter at a fast growing startup before and loved it.
- 7+ years as a senior technical recruiter at a fast growing start-up or technology company.
- Combination of agency and in-house experience
- Leadership experience in recruiting (this is a pioneer recruiter role; you will be the first!)
- Fluency in Lever, Gem, LinkedIn Recruiter, StackOverflow, Github and other key sourcing technologies.
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.