Client Partner (Remote)
San Mateo, CA /
Client Services /
Full-time | Remote
We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
Our Client Partners lead our most senior and complex searches, partnering with high-growth companies to make hires ranging from first functional hire to seasoned executives. Each search is nuanced, complex, and requires strategic thinking to complete.
In this role, you will also help develop and grow our team of Client-facing search professionals. Each Client Partner leads and mentors two to three Client Directors, helping them refine their skillsets, hone their search strategy and grow as recruiting professionals.
- Lead client searches end-to-end, from kickoff and role definition to successful placement
- Lead and mentor a team of Client Directors, instilling search best practices and advising on search strategy
- Help grow the Candidate Labs client base by engaging partners and affiliates, such as Tier-1 VC firms, ensuring we're working with high quality new clients
- Adopt and utilize the Candidate Labs technology platform for search execution, capturing insights and sharing feedback with our internal technology organization
Experience, skills and aptitude we're looking for
- 6+ years of experience as a search professional
- Track record of success in filling senior roles (Director, Vice President, and C-level)
- Experience partnering closely with founders and senior executives at high-growth technology companies
- Detail orientation with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-starter who is excited to roll up their sleeves to deliver great search results
- Excellent written and communication skills, especially when client-facing
- Tech-minded with an entrepreneurial desire to be part of an early-stage, high-growth company
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience mentoring and/or managing small teams
- Experience in business development / client acquisition
- Experience working in an early-stage, fast-paced environment
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.